Does Hell Really Exist?
All of this talk of heaven and hell is great! But, the question often arises is “does hell really exist?” If hell does not exist, then obviously, no one can go there. However, if it does exist then it is possible for people to go there. The possibility of going to hell should be of great concern. Why? Let’s look at how hell is described in the Bible:
- A place of torment (Luke 16:23, 16:33)
- A place where wickedness dwells (Psalm 55;15)
- A place of unquenchable fire. It is better to lose your hand, foot or eye. (Mark 9:43-48)
- A lake that burns with fire and brimstone (Revelation 21:8)
- A bottomless pit (Revelation 20:1)
- A horrible tempest (Psalm 11:6)
- A place of everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46)
- A place where people cry for mercy (Luke 16:24)
- A place where people wail (Matthew 13:42)
- A place where people have no rest (Revelation 14:11)
- A place where the smoke of torment ascends forever (Revelation 14:11)
- In the lower parts of the earth (Ephesians 4:7-9)
Famous people have warned of hell
“There is a dreadful hell, and everlasting pains; where sinners must with devils dwell, in darkness, fire and chains.” Isaac Watts
To Hell and Back
Some people say they will only believe in hell if someone comes back from there to tell them (warn them) about it. Dr. Maurice Rawlings has interviewed a number of patients whose near death experiences have taken them to hell and back. I invite you to watch the nine part video series below. Or you may listen to the message as an mp3.
Don’t just take our word for it. Here are other resources on the internet about the evidence for hell.
- Preaching Hell in a Tolerant Age, Timothy Keller
Thanks for viewing this information about hell. Please consider seriously the facts. If hell exists, then it is possible to go there when you die. Don’t simply trust in Jesus because you are afraid of going to hell. Repent of your sin and trust in Jesus because he has saved you from having to go there! Please read the Gospel message!
Please contact us if you have any questions or to let us know of any decision you have made for Christ as Savior.